Why You Should Volunteer Now
Why should you volunteer now is a great question. Volunteering at your local school is always a wonderful way to bring compassion and joy into your daily life. By volunteering, you are likely to be happier and gain a sense of community. Below are 10 reasons why you should consider volunteering:
10. It’s healthy for you. Many experts report that focusing on something or someone other than yourself not only reduces stress, but reduces overall tension as well. It can also lift your mood, causing you to experience joy, optimism, and a sense of accomplishment.
9. Volunteering saves resources. By volunteering at school, your school district’s efficiency skyrockets. Teachers suddenly have more time to do class preparation by having volunteers grade papers or help out around the classroom. Your athletic programs have more people to work concessions and in turn raise more money! Independent Sector reports that the average value of volunteer time is around $23.56 per hour.
8. Volunteering can also be an opportunity to try out a possible career! Maybe you’ve always wondered what it would be like to be a teacher or coach. By volunteering, you can take a trial run for your dream job!
7. Volunteering encourages community. By volunteering at your local school, you can form genuine relationships with staff, parents, and students and help your community prosper. When others see you volunteering they may be more likely to volunteer as well.
6. Volunteering helps you grow as an individual. Volunteering gives you the opportunity to gain compassion and empathy for others. It can also help you understand the pressures that school teachers and administrators deal with every day.
5. Volunteering strengthens your community. By volunteering, you support families, improve your local schools, support the future generations of students, and beautify your own community.
4. Volunteering gives you the opportunity to learn! From discovering your own hidden talents to learning about local community resources there is so much you could learn and benefit from by volunteering!
3. You get the chance to give back to schools or programs that had a major impact on your life. Were you part of an athletic program or club in high school? Give back to them by volunteering within their groups!
2. Volunteering encourages you! Knowing that volunteering your time within your community helps students to succeed gives you a reason to come back and volunteer routinely. You may feel a connection with both your school and community, and can take pride in being a part of their success.
1. Volunteering lets you make a difference. Knowing that you’ve made a difference in the lives of so many gives you the confidence to be greater! So go out there, volunteer and make a difference in not only your life, but the lives of so many students, teachers and more.
When you have a lot of volunteers that decide to volunteer now it can become an administrative challenge! Learn how the Volunteer Tracker volunteer management software for schools can help you recruit and engage volunteers. Contact us for more information or learn more about the Volunteer Tracker.