How can we help you?
I’m a Substitute
I’m looking for training that will help prepare me for the job ahead and to strengthen my resume.
I’m an Administrator
I'm interested in partnering with App-Garden to get my subs the training they need to be successful in our classrooms.
Are you looking for trainings related to HR policies, health & safety, classroom management, or teaching methods? We’ve got them all!
Substitute Orientation Training
The Substitute Teacher Orientation allows substitutes to learn more about HR policies of the district, safety tips and guidelines, managing health concerns and blood borne pathogens. With each districts policies being different, we offer options to customize the course specifically for your district.
Effective Substitute Teacher Training
This class provides training for substitutes that may have never been in a classroom. Schools often send new substitutes or those without teaching certificates through this course. Develop an understanding of learning styles, teaching methods, and strong classroom management skills to prepare yourself for a teaching career.
Why incorporate our online Sub Training into your process?
Save Time and Money
Eliminate staff time required to train substitute teachers on an on-going basis. Substitute Teacher Training online means quickly and efficiently training your substitute teachers.
People learn at different paces. Substitute teacher training online provides the perfect pace for everyone. Users can take as much time as they need for each section and even go back and review sections as needed.
Your substitute teachers will love the fact that they can train anytime, anywhere – even from a mobile device.
Substitute teachers can get the training they need quickly so they are ready to enter the classroom when you need them. No more waiting around for an onsite training class to be scheduled.
Substitute Teacher Training online ensures that your content is consistent and complete each time it is delivered. Never again worry that important information might be missed in a training session.
Provide the documentation that you need to protect your school district. Our online substitute teacher training provides you with reports on who has trained along with scores.
– Jeff Wallace, Davie County Schools NC
– Sylvia White, Newton-Conover Schools, NC
– Barbara Tate, Copperas Cove ISD, TX
Hear what our subs have to say about their experience with our trainings
I liked it better because I didn’t have to travel somewhere to take it. It might have been offered at an inconvenient time for me.
Colleen Nordhoff – Substitute Teacher at Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD in Texas
I liked that it was convenient, allowed me to do it on my time schedule, and the fact that I could contact a tech if needed.
Cathleen Philips – Substitute Teacher at Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD in Texas
I have a busy schedule, and it was great to work at my pace in my own environment.
Sherri Cheeseboro – Substitute Teacher at Franklin County Schools, N.C.
I liked that I could go at my own pace. I also liked that I could repeat course material for review and retake assessments as soon as I got ready. Taking the course online made it very flexible. I really enjoyed it!
Candis Bailey – Substitute Teacher at Davie County Schools, N.C.
I felt this course more convenient because I don’t have to rush to class and whenever I felt like reading the material I read at my own time and pace. Very productive, helpful , informative, convenient, and useful. I am glad that I took this course and it refreshed my memory.
Kulsum Danawala – Substitute Teacher at Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD in Texas
Do the substitute teachers value the experience?
Absolutely! According to surveys we’ve done:
- Over 75% of substitutes surveyed indicated that they were satisfied with taking the course online.
- Over 92% of substitutes surveyed indicated that the course was easy to use.
- Over 76% of substitutes surveyed indicated that they found it more convenient to take the course online rather than at the district.
- 79% of substitutes indicated that they were ok with paying for the course and being able to do at their convenience rather than attending a district course.
Tell me more about the benefits of Virtual Sub Training
- Redundancy – Eliminates staff time spent conducting sub training over and over.
- Consistency – Eliminates inconsistencies in training where multiple trainers are used and also eliminates the need for multiple trainers.
- Mobile – Subs may login and train from any location with internet access
- Flexible – Training is available 24/7 all during the school year.
Better Pool of Subs
- Engage Subs Faster – Potential subs can obtain training immediately and be utilized in the classroom sooner rather than waiting potentially months for training.
- Subs have “skin in the game” – You will no longer spend time and money completing paperwork and spending money doing background checks for subs who don’t ever show up to sub. Having the subs pay a small fee for their training ensures that they are serious about wanting to sub.
- Self-paced – Subs train at their own pace
- Modules – Training is in short modules which allows subs to repeat modules
- Less Distraction – Training can be done privately which is much less distracting to the sub.
- Provides records – Complete records on what was provided in the training and quizzes that assess learning provide the backup information you need
Assessment of Understanding – Your subs will be assessed after each module to ensure understanding of the material.
VIEW INTERACTIVE DEMO
Complete a form below to view an instant demo of our courses.
SUBSTITUTE ORIENTATION TRAINING
EFFECTIVE SUBSTITUTE TEACHER TRAINING
Learn more about how Travel Tracker can help you today!
According to a USA Today report, schools and school districts are deepening their pools of substitute teachers. With the uncertainty of the virus and teacher uncertainty about entering the classroom, substitutes are in high demand for...
Over the course of a kindergarten through 12th-grade education, the average student will spend an entire school year with a substitute teacher according to Education Week. Teachers cannot avoid bringing in a substitute teacher. Teachers need...
Falling In Love With The Virtual Online Substitute Training Application | software for school administrators
The Virtual Substitute Training Application is an online substitute training program that allows you to quickly and efficiently train your substitute teachers. Here are just a few ways that the Virtual Substitute Training Application can help you...
Simple Tips for Starting off a Great New School Year Every teacher experiences the same dilemma each year, “How am I going to make this new school year great?”. It’s been said a thousand times before but how will you turn those words in to...
App-Garden’s Virtual Sub Training has revolutionized the way school districts onboard and trains substitutes. The convenience and ease of completing Substitute Orientation and Effective Substitute Training allow districts and administrators...
Chances are if you’re working in K12 education, you’re already aware of the current substitute teacher shortage, but are you familiar with the why behind the shortage? And, more importantly, are you aware of proactive ways to prevent a...