Online resources for substitute teacher training and enablement
SUB TRAINING OPTIONS AND PRICING
PLEASE NOTE that if your district has explicitly asked you to purchase our online training, you must use the link that the district provided. Many districts choose to customize our courses for their specific needs, so you must purchase your training through their unique link.
OrientationSubstitute Orientation Training
- Standard HR Policies (harassment, discrimination, drug and alcohol policy, use of technology, and more!
- Classroom Attire
- Confidentiality and FERPA
- Identifying Child Abuse and Neglect
- Basic Classroom Management
- School Safety for Subs (safety drills, lockdowns and avoiding injuries)
- Health Information: Diabetes, Asthma, Allergies, Seizures, Working with School Nurses, Bloodborne pathogens
ESTEffective Substitute Teacher Training
- Teaching as a Profession
- Understanding Learning Styles
- Understanding Diversity
- Work Habits
- Attitudes for Success
- What makes an Effective Substitute
- Developmental Characteristics of Various Ages
- Behavior Management Models
- Advanced Classroom Management
- Methods of Positive Reinforcement
- Obtaining Student Respect
- Elements of Teaching
- How to Become the Requested Substitute
- Substitute Tips
Get Both!Combined Full Substitute Course
- All Orientation topics
- All Effective Sub Training topics
– Jeff Wallace, Davie County Schools NC
– Sylvia White, Newton-Conover Schools, NC
– Barbara Tate, Copperas Cove ISD, TX
ENJOY A SELF-GUIDED DEMO
Enjoy an instant demo of our interactive course experience.
When you complete a form below, you'll be given full access to a demo course.
Substitute Orientation Training
Effective Substitute Teacher Training
Hear what our subs have to say about their experience with our trainings
Colleen Nordhoff – Substitute Teacher at Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD in Texas
Cathleen Philips – Substitute Teacher at Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD in Texas
Sherri Cheeseboro – Substitute Teacher at Franklin County Schools, N.C.
Candis Bailey – Substitute Teacher at Davie County Schools, N.C.
Kulsum Danawala – Substitute Teacher at Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD in Texas
Learn more about how Travel Tracker can help you today!
Emergency Procedures for Substitute Teachers and How to Best Prepare Them Every day, teachers struggle with the thought of being out of the classroom due to sickness or other reasons for fear that the substitute won’t be prepared to handle all aspects of the...
How to Be Successful in an Interim Leadership position as a Substitute Teacher “just because the position may not be permanent doesn’t mean your impact can’t be” Substitute teachers are good examples of interim leaders. They are given the task of minding the...
Simple Tips for Starting off a Great New School Year Every teacher experiences the same dilemma each year, “How am I going to make this new school year great?”. It’s been said a thousand times before but how will you turn those words in to actions? Gather supplies,...
As a substitute teacher, knowing how to work with different age groups is very important. The App-Garden’s Virtual Substitute Training program instructs potential substitutes on how to work with various age groups. For this specific post, we will be focusing on middle school and high school classrooms.
As a substitute teacher, knowing how to work with different age groups is very important. The App-Garden has created a Virtual Substitute Training program that instructs potential substitutes on how to work with various age groups. For this specific post, we will be...
Within the classroom, there are many ways to ensure overall classroom excellence. Ensuring that substitute teachers who may not have extensive classroom experience understand these concepts is key to their classroom excellence. Our online substitute teacher training...