Online resources for substitute teacher training and enablement
SUB TRAINING OPTIONS AND PRICING
PLEASE NOTE that if your district has explicitly asked you to purchase our online training, you must use the link that the district provided. Many districts choose to customize our courses for their specific needs, so you must purchase your training through their unique link.
OrientationSubstitute Orientation Training
- Standard HR Policies (harassment, discrimination, drug and alcohol policy, use of technology, and more!
- Classroom Attire
- Confidentiality and FERPA
- Identifying Child Abuse and Neglect
- Basic Classroom Management
- School Safety for Subs (safety drills, lockdowns and avoiding injuries)
- Health Information: Diabetes, Asthma, Allergies, Seizures, Working with School Nurses, Bloodborne pathogens
ESTEffective Substitute Teacher Training
- Teaching as a Profession
- Understanding Learning Styles
- Understanding Diversity
- Work Habits
- Attitudes for Success
- What makes an Effective Substitute
- Developmental Characteristics of Various Ages
- Behavior Management Models
- Advanced Classroom Management
- Methods of Positive Reinforcement
- Obtaining Student Respect
- Elements of Teaching
- How to Become the Requested Substitute
- Substitute Tips
Get Both!Combined Full Substitute Course
- All Orientation topics
- All Effective Sub Training topics
– Jeff Wallace, Davie County Schools NC
– Sylvia White, Newton-Conover Schools, NC
– Barbara Tate, Copperas Cove ISD, TX
ENJOY A SELF-GUIDED DEMO
Enjoy an instant demo of our interactive course experience.
When you complete a form below, you'll be given full access to a demo course.
Substitute Orientation Training
Effective Substitute Teacher Training
Hear what our subs have to say about their experience with our trainings
Colleen Nordhoff – Substitute Teacher at Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD in Texas
Cathleen Philips – Substitute Teacher at Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD in Texas
Sherri Cheeseboro – Substitute Teacher at Franklin County Schools, N.C.
Candis Bailey – Substitute Teacher at Davie County Schools, N.C.
Kulsum Danawala – Substitute Teacher at Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD in Texas
Learn more about how Travel Tracker can help you today!
Are Your Substitutes Trained and Ready for School in 2020-2021? Over the course of a kindergarten through 12th-grade education, the average student will spend an entire school year with a substitute teacher according to Education Week. Teachers cannot...
App-Garden’s Virtual Sub Training has revolutionized the way school districts onboard and trains substitutes. The convenience and ease of completing Substitute Orientation and Effective Substitute Training allow districts and administrators to maintain a healthy,...
Chances are if you’re working in K12 education, you’re already aware of the current substitute teacher shortage, but are you familiar with the why behind the shortage? And, more importantly, are you aware of proactive ways to prevent a shortage at your school or in...
Think back to a day when you arrived at school to find your usual teacher was out sick and a substitute was present instead. What was your initial reaction? How did you view the substitute? Many students, then and now, view substitute teachers as only a seat filler...
Consistency is key, or so the saying goes, but what is at the heart of this quip? Is consistency really the key, and if so, how does consistency contribute to substitute training? Research shows, in multiple disciplines and industries, consistency is, in fact, the key...
With students being led by substitute teachers for 5-8% of the year, quality substitute teacher training is essential to preserving the learning environment for students. (Stapczuk, 1994). Gone are the days when substitutes were babysitters or peacekeepers. Today,...