Online resources for substitute teacher training and enablement
SUB TRAINING OPTIONS AND PRICING
PLEASE NOTE that if your district has explicitly asked you to purchase our online training, you must use the link that the district provided. Many districts choose to customize our courses for their specific needs, so you must purchase your training through their unique link.
OrientationSubstitute Orientation Training
- Standard HR Policies (harassment, discrimination, drug and alcohol policy, use of technology, and more!
- Classroom Attire
- Confidentiality and FERPA
- Identifying Child Abuse and Neglect
- Basic Classroom Management
- School Safety for Subs (safety drills, lockdowns and avoiding injuries)
- Health Information: Diabetes, Asthma, Allergies, Seizures, Working with School Nurses, Bloodborne pathogens
ESTEffective Substitute Teacher Training
- Teaching as a Profession
- Understanding Learning Styles
- Understanding Diversity
- Work Habits
- Attitudes for Success
- What makes an Effective Substitute
- Developmental Characteristics of Various Ages
- Behavior Management Models
- Advanced Classroom Management
- Methods of Positive Reinforcement
- Obtaining Student Respect
- Elements of Teaching
- How to Become the Requested Substitute
- Substitute Tips
Get Both!Combined Full Substitute Course
- All Orientation topics
- All Effective Sub Training topics
– Jeff Wallace, Davie County Schools NC
– Sylvia White, Newton-Conover Schools, NC
– Barbara Tate, Copperas Cove ISD, TX
ENJOY A SELF-GUIDED DEMO
Enjoy an instant demo of our interactive course experience.
When you complete a form below, you'll be given full access to a demo course.
Substitute Orientation Training
Effective Substitute Teacher Training
Hear what our subs have to say about their experience with our trainings
Colleen Nordhoff – Substitute Teacher at Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD in Texas
Cathleen Philips – Substitute Teacher at Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD in Texas
Sherri Cheeseboro – Substitute Teacher at Franklin County Schools, N.C.
Candis Bailey – Substitute Teacher at Davie County Schools, N.C.
Kulsum Danawala – Substitute Teacher at Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD in Texas
Learn more about how Travel Tracker can help you today!
Content consistency for substitute teacher training can be challenging for district level HR Departments. In most districts, substitute teacher training is a team effort, involving directors and other personnel from various departments within the district. In order...
Throughout every classroom, different learning styles are displayed and even sometimes overlooked. Understanding each learning style has a very great importance for the performance of each of your students. Students learn in different ways and incorporating different...
“It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.” - Maya Angelou There has never been a time where understanding classroom diversity is so crucial. Whether it be cultural diversity, racial...
Danielle Emspak, a head teacher at Monteclare Children's School, has seen the best and the worst during her six years as a preschool teacher and has learned about leading by example. Many teachers like Danielle experience day to day problems such as bullying, name...
"Every child deserves a champion: an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists they become the best they can possibly be." - Rita Pierson Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is a motivational theory that exemplifies what it...
5 Reasons To Become A Part-Time Substitute Teacher | App-Garden | software for school administrators
Why is being a part-time substitute teacher one of the most enriching and rewarding part time jobs? Being a part-time substitute teacher gives you both a rewarding way to earn money as well as an amazing sense of giving back to the community. Typically, to substitute...